© Copyright Factored 2019 - 2022. All Rights Reserved.
DATA ENGINEERING & MACHINE LEARNING TRAINING PROGRAMS
RIGOROUS TRAINING TO ENHANCE YOUR CAREER
APPLICATIONS OPEN ON A ROLLING BASIS
PRE-APPLY NOW TO INDICATE YOUR INTEREST
Factored recruits, trains, and builds high-caliber data science, data engineering, AI and machine learning engineering teams. Our highly selective vetting of engineering talent, and our rigorous advanced training programs, result in world-class teams that can confidently compete with the top 3% data science, data engineering and machine learning engineers in the world.
- People with the desire to transition to Data Engineering or Machine Learning Engineering. You might be a good fit if you are a junior data engineer, a data analyst, a machine learning engineer, or a backend developer wanting to transition to data engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, or other engineering fields.
- Proven passion for data-related problems, reflected in any of the following: work experience, personal projects, theses, articles, publications, conferences, and other Data-related projects.
- Strong Computer Science and Database foundations.
- Strong problem solvers and quick learners.
- Basic understanding and experience of Backend Development.
- Proficiency in any programming language and SQL.
- Good communication skills in English.
Nice to have but not mandatory:
- 1+ years of professional experience (Data Related Projects, BackEnd, Researching).
- Python/Scala is a plus.
- Apache Spark and Apache Hadoop are a plus.
- Cloud Computing is a plus.
Our team is composed of worldwide AI experts, educators, and industry leaders (Andrew Ng, AI Fund, deeplearning.ai, former Stanford University instructors). We’ve designed a curriculum that aims to make talented engineers industry-ready in under 3 months.
Training is composed of 3 phases:
– Mix of classroom and online content with extended discussions and assignments.
– Literature review and paper implementation.
– Capstone projects based on real-world problems and datasets.
Our programs are optimally designed to cover the technical challenges behind AI, from the foundations behind learning algorithms to the computational challenges to build and scale successful AI systems in real-world problems.
- Our immersive, full-time training programs run from Monday to Friday. The Data Engineering program runs for 9 weeks and the Machine Learning program runs for 12 weeks.
- This is a fully remote training program.
Trainees who then become full-time Factored employees have the opportunity to take part in our continuous learning program to ensure they’re always up-to-date when it comes to cutting-edge skills and processes in the data science and AI industry.
Factored does not charge upfront and we pay a monthly stipend for our scholars. If they pass our course, we offer them full employment. By joining the training program, you agree to sign a blank promissory note with the equivalent amount of the training program investment. If you remain a Factored employee for 2 years, the entire training cost is repaid.
- Candidates need to complete an online application.
- Candidates who pass the résumé screening will receive an invitation by email to complete the relevant tests.
- You will receive study material to help you to prepare for the assessment.
- Candidates who pass the assessment stage will receive instructions for the tech interview.
- Candidates who pass the above stages will receive instructions for the behavioral interview with the recruitment team and the cultural fit interview with our CEO, Israel Niezen.
We look for strong engineers with a proven passion for AI. We suggest you review the following: Mathematics from first year of undergraduate studies (algebra, statistics and multivariate calculus), data science and Python programming (algorithmic coding + data structures).
We will conduct a technical assessment by the end of the training program. Selected scholars will receive full-time offers immediately following the completion of training.
Scholars will be employed as full-time Factored engineers to work on projects for external partners and clients of Factored. These are typically fast-growing companies around the globe who are actively expanding their AI capacity. Examples of scopes of work may include computer vision applications in social media, object detection applications in manufacturing, or natural language processing applications in fintech.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should also join our informational webinars to learn more about the training programs; we will be in touch via email to let you know when these are taking place.